Hey there! We have prepared a big news.
When adding a new app, you will be asked which platform does your app support. If you have only Android app, you can just enable Android platform and fill in two required fields: package name and service account credentials. Please check our documentation to learn how to get service account credentials.
- Auto-renewing subscriptions
- One time purchases
- Promo codes
- Introductory Prices (Pay up front / Pay as you go)
- Grace Periods
- Refunds & Revokes
Add integrations for your Android app, and Apphud will send trial conversions, renewals, refunds and other events to any of our large set of integration systems. At the time of this article we have 12 different integrations for Android.
If you have both iOS and Android apps you should decide whether you need cross-platform support or not. This basically means adding both platforms in one Apphud app rather than creating two different apps for each platform. Cross-platform support has both pros and cons.
When you should choose cross-platform support?
If you added both platforms in one app, you will get:
- Ability to have single subscription per user. If you have your own login system, you can use Apphud for cross-platform subscription support. If user purchases subscription on iOS, he will get that premium subscription on Android as well (if Apphud SDK started with the same user id).
- One dashboard for both apps. You will be able to see aggregated revenue in dashboard and charts.
When you should NOT choose cross-platform support?
- You don’t have login system in your apps. So users from two platforms can’t be merged.
- You don’t want Android app revenue to be shared with iOS app revenue. This might be useful, if you have different Apphud Members on each platform.
- You don’t want to have universal dashboard or charts.
Later we will add more filters in dashboard and charts so you can split data across platforms.
We have also added integration with Segment – a platform that helps you collect, clean and control customer data. From there you can resend them to any of Segment’s integration partners. Integration is super easy! You don’t need to add anything in your apps. Just enter “Write key” in Segment integration page and you’re done!
Don’t forget to update Apphud SDK
When you’re between releases, don’t forget to update Apphud SDK on iOS or Android. To update on iOS call:
pod update ApphudSDKif using CocoaPods;
carthage update ApphudSDKif using Cathage.
To update on Android check our latest releases.